Thursday, June 30, 2011

T-32 days

In just 32 days, we hope to have sold our home, all of our belongings, one Toyota pickup truck, leave our jobs, our friends and family behind us for a new adventure. The name of this adventure is Operation Family Truckster or OFT for short. 

"If you're thinkin' of taking the tribe cross country, this is the automobile you should be using... the Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait until you drive it."

OFT will take us through America, detouring for friends and family, weddings, sights, campgrounds, food, amusement parks and National Parks and Monuments along the way. We have roughly 11,000 miles to cover in just 60 days. Which is why we've got all our best hippie friends "puttin' good energy and positive vibes out there in the universe" and one Southerner who refuses to do that. In lieu of vibes he recommended I give blood. When I told him he should give blood for our cause since he's incapable of vibing the universe he said, "I cant give blood... I get migraines." To which I replied, "DO YOU EVEN WANT US TO GO?!?!? WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!" We settled on giving to charity, which I did later that afternoon. 

We actually did receive an offer on the house that very day... not a fabulous offer, but hopefully it's something to work with. (See 'positive vibes in the universe' above and keep em' coming). 

Fingers crossed, we'll be truckin' real soon.

             
                             Cheers,
                             Kai and Nicki



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to see you go but we know you will have a great trip. Good luck on your new adventure.
Happy Trails to you.. Love you both.
Grandma and Grandpa

Aunt Dusty said...

(Okay, hopefully this does not post twice)Human error....I am excited for you both cause I know you are about to experience one of the best times of your lives. I understand what is in store for you on your upcoming cross country trek. I only wish it was me returning to the Gypsy life..(long sigh)...but I rest assured I will live through your adventure via this wonderful web page. I will be sending out only the best of vibes from my location to yours where ever that may be! I miss you already!! Love, hugs, and kisses, Aunt Dusty

Unknown said...

What do you mean, "we messed up?" I thought you said Kai was asleep! Do you have a mouse in your pocket? And, who gets lost on the Alcan!

Hope you find your way back to America! Good luck and safe travels.

Love,
Dad & Cathy

Kai and Nicki Vedenoja said...

We, the royal we, as in me and the dog. She's a horrible navigator and I was too busy taking photos and jamming to music to notice the detour. Oops

Sherene said...

Wow, glad to hear you are back in the Usa-- I know I have issues with map reading, however I never went across any border twice-- I do have a friend that flies to the wrong city and she also has blond hair.